Friday, February 5, 2016

Fab 5 Friday...

A quiet Friday morning with coffee, Gilmore Girls, and a seat at my favorite spot...


Yup...it's a pretty good day! And I even have my Chinese New Year lanterns hanging!

So what's been happening here in Poland? Yeah...let's count it down!

Fab 5 Friday!

1. Fat Thursday. So here in Poland, before Lent begins, they celebrate Fat Thursday. I know...we're used to Fat Tuesday most places, but here it's Fat Thursday. And it's a day filled with all sorts of yummy treats - the two faves being paczki and faworki. 

Paczki are donuts filled with marmalade - most often rose marmalade. And, faworki - also known as angel wings - which are friend pieces of dough smothered in powdered sugar.


Here are some paczki and faworki that I picked up for the family yesterday!

But, I have to say my favorite moment of Fat Thursday was seeing this posted on a friend's Facebook page:


Muahahaha!! 

2. Italian Treats. Blaine spent all week in Milan and I sent him a request to bring home Ritz crackers. Yeah, silly, but we can't get them here - so that was my big request. But, my rockin' hubby solidified his #1 status by bringing home not only Ritz, but Rice Krispies and parmigiano reggiano, prosciutto, salami, coffee and a new coffee press. R-O-C-K-S-T-A-R!!


3. WOD Talk. Once again, joining WOD Talk's media team for the CrossFit Open this year. Unfortunately, CrossFit HQ is no longer handing out any media passes to anyone other than CrossFit HQ writers and photogs (Can we say "control freaks"?), but that's okay. I think Susan is planning to come to Madrid and it will be awesome to see some of the big names in CrossFit compete.  I went over to the WOD Talk website to find an email address and just had to smile to see that I'm still in the top contributors for the month - even though I haven't submitted anything recently. Time to get off my butt and write!


4. Dinner Out. Had a great night out at Butchery & Wine catching up with some friends last Saturday. Yummy steak, a few adult beverages and some laughs before saying goodbye to the Wagners at Sheesha Lounge.


5. Countdown. Oh, yeah...the countdown to summer and heading home is on!! 


I'm practicing my margarita making skills and plans are already being made for the 4th of July! Bring on summer!

And there you have it! I'd like to wish Gong Xi Fa Cai to all of my friends celebrating! I have very fond memories of last year's Chinese New Year with Blaine, Betsy, Kirk, Michelle and Craig, many cocktails, dinner at Souled Out and the hugging of a very cute goat! Definitely Gong Xi Fa Cai!

No comments:

Post a Comment