Wednesday, February 10, 2016

I am a teacher...

I am a teacher. Forever and always. While I may not be currently teaching, I am still a teacher. Even when I took jobs in other areas...I was still teaching in one way or another.

And, because I'm a teacher, I side with teachers 99% of the time. If a teacher says that my child is being a lazy, idiot in class...I am going to believe the teacher. He didn't do his homework. I'm not going to make excuses for my child. I'm going to ride his ass about why it wasn't done. You know that phrase "The customer is always right"? For me it is, "The teacher is always right."

But, occasionally, you come across a teacher who is so out of touch with teaching that you have to wonder where the hell she came from. This is the teacher I am dealing with now. And, while I would like to say I took the high road in my handling of the situation - I did not.

I just sent an email to this teacher that ended with "I wish you the best of luck on your future endeavors." That sounds harmless enough, right? But, what you need to know is that this teacher has been fired and will not be returning to our school next year. So yes, that was my little passive-aggressive shot at this teacher. And, while I wish I felt bad about it...I did nothing but smile as I hit the "Send" button.


Yup...still smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment