Thursday, January 23, 2014

Fab 5 Friday...or not!

Okay...maybe this week the Fab 5 aren't so fabulous! I spoke with my dad this week and he said, "Everyone always asks me if you like it in Malaysia. I tell them yes, you really seem to like it there." And I DO! I really like it here...I've made great friends, we live in a nice neighborhood, my kids go to a great school and have fantastic friends, and we're visiting some amazing places. But...........I'd be lying if I said there weren't some little annoyances. So this week's Fab 5 is NOT a Fab 5, it's a Top 5 - my Top 5 Annoyances (of the week...or the past few weeks. They change rather quickly...)

Top 5 Annoyances

1. Slow Walkers. This just seems to be a country of window shoppers...slow walking window shoppers. At the mall, these people might as well be crawling...they walk SOOOOO slow! I can't stand it. I know that I'm most likely the opposite extreme of this, but it drives me freakin' nuts! I almost plowed down a slow walking family of 5 at the mall this past weekend. They were walking slow and all 5 of them were side-by-side - leaving me no room to pass! Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!

2. Triple parking. Yes, as if double parking wasn't bad enough, triple parking is very common here. And let's just say...yeah, I've hit a couple of vehicles due to this. One was a garbage truck that was triple parked by the mosque. I dinged the hell out of Blaine's mirror and left some paint on the truck. But, come on - it was a garbage truck, triple parked on a narrow-ass street! That was not my fault! Then, well, I felt a little bad about this one...the Myvi dinged the mirror of a BMW that was triple parked. Mind you, I didn't feel bad enough to stop and leave a note or anything...triple parking makes you exempt from any damage you may cause.

3. Small ovens. The oven in my house is T-I-N-Y! A lot of my baking pans and dishes do not even fit in this oven! And, you can imagine how much this bugs me! I LOVE to cook...and these tiny ovens are horrible! I'm adapting, but will be happy for my full-size oven! (Or perhaps, we'll upgrade to that double oven I've always dreamed of! Hint, hint...Blaine!)

4. Staring. Ah, yes. I get lots of stares. My kids get lots of stares. My family gets lots of stares. Take a picture folks, it will last longer.

5. Sporadic Internet Service. One minute the Apple TV works fine, the next it doesn't. One morning I'm connected and uploading my latest blog post, 3 seconds later we drop the connection. For this self-proclaimed tv/tech junkie...the Internet is critical. Do not screw with my wifi!!!

Okay...there it is! I'll update you in a few months on what my new and updated annoyances are - they're bound to change! Enjoy the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment