Thursday, January 30, 2014

Fab 5 Friday...

Oh, peeps!! It's Friday...it's a 4-day long weekend...and it's fabulous!

Okay...let's get after it!

FAB 5 FRIDAY

1. Track and Field Carnival. This past Wednesday was the track and field carnival  - field day - at school. I ended up helping out at the event as a "marshal" - otherwise known as cat herder. Yes, I assisted in getting the kiddos organized for the various running events they were participating in. It was fun - and I've still got my "teacher voice" - which comes in handy when herding 2nd and 3rd graders. The boys rocked it...each of them took home two ribbons in running events and I had a fun morning hanging out with them and their friends.

Grayson at field day...with his winning relay team

Caleb and his buddies

2. Lunch at Fiercer. I should've grabbed a quick snapshot of us having lunch at Fiercer Curry House in Publika. It was a fun lunch with Christine, Mabel and Susan! Always enjoy spending time with those women!

3. Orchids. Yes, orchids make the list this week. We actually have orchids growing on our patio...and they're beautiful. I can't take credit for them, as Elizabeth takes care of all the plants, but, you've got to love a climate where you can grow these beautiful flowers so easily.

The orchids we currently have blooming

4. Helpful friends. I just have to thank people who have gone out of their way to make me feel welcome here in KL - and I'm so thankful that it continues to happen. It doesn't matter if it's responding to a Facebook post about where to get Pizza Hut pizza from or taking me to find the local printing shop, checking on my child's writing progress, asking me to lunch or a simple text to see how my day is going. Those are the little things that make me grateful for coming to KL and embarking on this crazy adventure.

5. Mani and pedi. Yeah...completely selfish on my part, but my mani and pedi appointment makes the Fab 5 list this week. Nothing like a little Mommy relaxation!

Okay...we'll be celebrating Super Bowl Monday here in Malaysia! Don't really care who wins, but so glad for the long weekend so we can watch some good commercials Monday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment