Thursday, January 9, 2014

Fab 5 Friday Funnies...

Okay...we're still in Kota Kinabalu, but I'm banging out a top 5 of things that have just struck me as funny this week! I'll get you caught up on the remainder of our trip over the weekend!


1. Stuffed Proboscis Monkeys. Yes, I posted this to Facebook, but I still can't stop laughing at the freaking stuffed animal with a big nose and a red penis and the words "I am BIG" printed on him...OY VEY! Everytime I walk past the gift shop here at the Rasa Ria, I look in just to see if someone is buying one of these things!

Please let me know if you need me to buy these for your children!

2. Blaine Getting Thrown Out Of A Meeting. Yup, he flew to Tawau on Wednesday to try and deal with a former customer who is threatening to sue. He left at the crack of dawn and had a meeting lasting maybe 5 minutes before the owner/CEO threw up his hands and asked him to be shown out. I laugh because Blaine's quote was, "It's been a long time since I've been thrown out of a meeting." (I don't think he's ever been  thrown out of a meeting to be honest!) Additionally, Blaine knows that this big blow up the CEO had was all staged and part of the culture here of "saving face." Completely ridiculous. And to top it off, the CFO and COO called the salesman today and wanted to continue talks. Yeah, if it was me we'd be continuing talks in court! Thankfully, Blaine is a little more level-headed - although, he's not heading back to Tawau anytime soon!

3. Red Bean Popsicles. So the resort most afternoons passes out watermelon and popsicles while you are by the pool - which is really nice. The first afternoon we were here, the kids readily grabbed two popsicles, unwrapped them and took a big bite of of them. When I looked at their little faces there was a sudden look of shock as they swallowed that first (and last) mouthful. Yeah, that was not a strawberry popsicle - even though it kind of looked like one! It was a red bean popsicle - a very popular Malaysian treat - which my kids did not think was a treat at all! 


You too can make red bean popsicles if you'd like to play this mean little trick on your own children! Click here for a link to a red bean pop recipe! (I'll be honest - I like red bean in things...so I kind of wished I'd tried the popsicles!)

4. Water Aerobics. The two resorts we've been at in the past two weeks have had water aerobics...and it just makes me laugh. I know, I know...I shouldn't laugh. And I'm not really laughing at those participating - I've been in hysterics over the instructors. The first instructor in Bali could only count to 8 - that's all he could do. There was no interaction at all - nothing but 45 minutes of hearing him say, "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ,8." And then here, at the Rasa Ria - we have not one instructor, but two - teaching from the deck and it's like a comedy show. I will say that they can count past 8 and they do interact and it's definitely more entertaining, but I hope the participants don't think they worked off that croissant they ate at breakfast! 


Hmmm....I don't think so!

5. Speedos. Once again I will say it...Speedos should be banned. There may only be one thing worse than a Speedo...



Enjoy your Friday folks! Will catch you all back in KL!

No comments:

Post a Comment