Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thankful Friday...

It's the final edition of Thankful Friday and it's been a good month. While I'm not huge on the whole #blessed thing...it is nice to reflect upon all the things - big and small - for which you are thankful.

Anyways, we're going to get after it as we're taking off in a little bit for a weekend getaway - and I can't wait!

1. Time to relax. This week I had some time to relax and do my favorite things: drink coffee, browse Pinterest and then implement a few Pinterest ideas. I'm not much of a crafter and usually search Pinterest for recipes, but this week brought a bit of each. I baked out some yummy cinnamon rolls over the weekend, found a few new recipes to try on my family and made some Christmas candy bars for the boys' classes.

Pinterest, winter tea and a fresh cinnamon roll is my idea of a perfect morning


My not so-crafty craft project

2. Fleece tights. Yeah...the weather turned cold this week. We even had snow flurries on the ground one morning, although they didn't last long. After two years in the tropics and a lifetime of never really loving the cold weather and snow...I'm thankful for warm fleece tights. As silly as it sounds - I love them!

Yup...those are snow flurries on the ground!

3. Caleb's Classroom Thanksgiving. I'm so glad I was able to celebrate Thanksgiving in Caleb's class on Tuesday. My friend, Dana, made stuffing and I made mini pumpkin pies, we watched "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving", discussed what it means to be thankful and had the kids make gratitude ornaments to decorate the Christmas tree that will be displayed in their classroom. It was a nice afternoon and I'm thankful that Caleb has not reached the stage where it is uncool to have your mom come to school.

4. Thanksgiving. We had the great pleasure of spending Thanksgiving with my friend, Chrissie, and her family. Good food, fun and football - what more do you need!? Pictures might have been nice! I forgot to take pictures!!! Oh, well...


5. Travel. And last, but not least, I am thankful for the many opportunities we have had to travel. Today we are driving to Dresden, Germany to go to some of their famous Christmas markets. Dresden has the oldest Christmas market in all of Europe and while the weather is forecast is not fabulous, I am sure we will have a fantastic time exploring.

I hope each of you who celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday had a an amazing day with family and/or friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment