Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Handmade Christmas Ornaments...

Yes, I know it's only November 4th. But, Halloween is over and we can now jump to my two favorite holidays - Thanksgiving and Christmas! Woohoo!

Today I was invited on this cool little excursion to visit a small, in-house Christmas ornament making workshop. It's truly in this man's home. He and his wife started the business and now his son assists them. They have hired a few people to help them - one man blows the glass, one man cuts the sharp edges off once they cool and inserts the ornament hangers, and then two women hand paint them. And, they work at this year round - so the house is chocked full of their beautiful work.

Working with the glass. This man was quite nice and joked about his singed hair and eyebrows.

Cutting off the ends of the glass after it cools.

Hand painting and "glittering" the ornaments

In a little over a week they will ship their ornaments off to various vendors who will sell them in the Polish Christmas markets - so we were very fortunate to be able to purchase them before they get marked up in the markets.

Boxes ready to go to vendors

And yes, I did buy several ornaments today. But, I was amazed by the reasonable prices and know that every time I put them on my tree, I will be reminded of our time here in Poland.

My haul of Christmas ornaments

The day ended with all of us having a relaxing lunch at Milanova and enjoying some yummy soup and winter tea. ***NOTE: Must find out how to make winter tea! Truly delicious!***

Dana and I enjoying lunch (Photo Credit - Jennifer!)

And of course, left me with a longing to decorate my house for the holidays. But, soon enough...soon enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment