Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Fab 5 Thursday...

Bringing it to you a day early as the kids do not have school tomorrow due to teacher in-service and we're (the kids and I) heading out on a tour of a Polish candy factory so there will be no time for blogging tomorrow.

So what all have we been up to this week? Well, here comes the Fab 5!

1. Cos Slodkiego. This translates as "Something Sweet" and is a tiny store here in Warsaw that is often referred to as the "American Store." It is chock full of American sweets and treats and once our kids heard about it they insisted on a trip! I will say that while we did not buy a ton of things there, the bill at this store was equal to our entire grocery bill for the week! Whoa! Pricey! But, each of got a few treats and the boys' smiles were worth it!

Kid Heaven!!!
FYI - That package of Hostess Cupcakes is $14.75 USD!

2. Grayson. Now, we all know that this is the child who drives me to drink. Yes, perhaps it is because he is my mini-me or perhaps he's just having fun seeing how quickly he can get me admitted to the psych ward. I'm not sure. But, as much as he drives me crazy, I know that he has one of the biggest hearts around which was once again proven to me this week. He did a UNICEF run at school where we pledged money based on the number of laps he completed. On Sunday we were ponying up our pledge money and this little cutie asked if he could also donate his allowance to the charity. I'm always thankful when he does something like this as it reminds me what a good child he truly is.

My littlest dude

3. New friends. A big, huge thank you to new friends who took me out to lunch, engaged me in great conversation, took me shopping, made me laugh and invited me to workout with them. Your kindness this week was appreciated!


Well, we were supposed to be shopping for pottery for the PTO store - which we did - but a few things had to come home with me! I consider them my "Welcome to Poland" presents!

4. Thanksgiving Long Weekend. Well, I finally booked our hotel in Dresden, Germany for the Thanksgiving long weekend. Very excited to see the Christmas markets and do some shopping! I think it will be the perfect way to get in the holiday spirit!

5. McDonald's. So...the boys asked that McDonald's make the Fab 5 this week. Hmmm...why would McDonald's make the Fab 5? Well, the boys have declared the "Create Your Taste" burgers delicious! Not just your typical McD's burger. You get to customize your burger with your specific toppings (and it's a completely different burger patty) and then they actually bring it to your table with fries (in an adorable little fry basket) with your drink. I know Australia has had this for a bit, but it's just rolling out in other parts of the world. I'm not sure it's going to be enough to save McDonald's reputation in the fast food world, but it was a welcome change.

The new "Create Your Taste" at McDonald's and some happy boys!

So it was a good week! I think all those good vibes you sent my way are starting to kick in and I'm edging my way to making this place my "home." Enjoy the weekend!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment