Thursday, September 3, 2015

Fab 5 Friday...

Well, the weather has gone from one extreme to the other this week. We started the week in the mid-90's and now we're in the mid-60's. I have to say that the 60's are REALLY amazing! Cool nights, warm days, perfect weather for shorts and a sweater or sweatshirt. I love it! And this weather has brought out the best of baking/cooking skills - bagels, applesauce, chocolate cake, soy garlic noodles. So my family is very happy, too.

But, let's not dwell on our good weather as I know many are sweating their a$$es off still...let's get into the Fab 5.

1. Polish Lessons. We started in-home Polish lessons this week with our teacher, Martha. We had a family session on Tuesday night. And as expected, this is going to be challenging! I will also have one lesson each week on my own, one lesson as a family and I'm going to attend the free weekly lessons that the school will be offering.


I will say that Blaine and I could not stop laughing through the lesson as we have a resident Polish expert amongst us. I'm sure you can guess who it is! Yes, Grayson. The kid seriously was catching on quickly and his accent was remarkable. Who knew?!

2. Soccer. I want to thank everyone that sent some good thoughts to the boys. It looks as if both boys will be playing on the competitive team here in Warsaw. We know that they won't get as much playing time as they are used to due to the high quality of players, but it will be good for them to practice with this group and improve their skills.

3. Steakclub.pl So before we moved to Poland, we were warned that the beef here was not so fabulous and for a family that likes beef...well, that's a problem. But, I joined a few Facebook groups and found this: Steakclub.pl So Blaine tried them while we were in the States and we've placed several orders from them since we've arrived and we love them! Yum! Highly recommend! And they deliver! It's two young guys and their service is excellent. They will customize orders for you and if you're living here in Warsaw - you should give them a try!


4. BBQs and Cornhole. And after our delicious delivery of beef was made, we had some friends over for burgers, beer and cornhole. Blaine has been very busy the past few weekends building us a cornhole set and now that we have this nice little backyard, we can actually hang out and play. So Ringo is set up and cornhole is being played and we can enjoy the patio until the weather turns too cold.


5. Milan. October break is quickly approaching and I've got us all ready to go to Milan. It probably would not have been my first choice of places to go for our first European holiday, but the World's Expo (Fair) is in Milan until the end of October and I feel like this is a once in a lifetime experience for our family. Flights are booked, hotel is reserved, we have Expo tickets, Duomo tickets and a guided tour of The Last Supper. The kids are thrilled with the theme of Expo this year: Feeding The Planet, Energy For Life. Caleb has been following the Expo Instagram account and I swear he's just going to eat his way through the each pavilion. (The pics do make the food look rather extradordinary!)
 

So it has been a good week! Slowly, but surely, I've been meeting some new moms. If I can now get a group of them together to play Pokeno once per month, things will be going swimmingly!

Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment