Thursday, August 27, 2015

Fab 5 Friday...

All I can say is TGIF! We've survived another week. Okay...survived may be a bit melodramatic, but I don't think we've reached the "thriving" stage yet either. Everyone is still working to find their way, trying to find their place, hoping to find their tribe.

I'll admit that I'm still trying to find my "tribe." I did meet a couple of fabulous people this week and the conversation seemed to flow very naturally. We'll see where things go, but I have a good feeling.

So what does the Fab 5 entail this week? Nothing that earth-shattering really, but let's get into it, shall we?

1. Soccer Tryouts. The boys had the first of two soccer tryouts last weekend. I'm not sure what's going to happen with this, but they certainly gave it their best. I have my fingers crossed that they will make it, but we have discussed the fact that there are other soccer options and they can always try again next year. I think Caleb is a bit like me and knows that this is not a sure thing and that there were some really outstanding kids, whereas Grayson is convinced that he's in. (You've got to love his optimism.) Anywho...we'll know soon enough!


2. Fiber Optic Internet. I could've kissed the man who installed our fiber optic last week! A big, ol' smoocheroo! It is fast! Very fast! It is even fast using our VPN! It is even fast when everyone is on a device with multiple televisions streaming Hulu and Netflix and YouTube! This tech junkie (and my family of tech junkies) are all very happy! Long Live Fiber Optic Internet!

3. Resumes. Seriously?! I don't think there is anything that sucks much more than revising a resume and sending it out in hopes of attaining a job. And let's add to it that you want to work remotely from Warsaw, Poland. Blah! But, I did revise my CV (and this is why it makes the list). And, I did apply for some jobs. BUT, I'm not holding my breath. If anyone has any leads for me, please feel free to send them my way!

4. School. So the kids seem happy at school. I'm going to be volunteering 1 morning per week in the PTO store and who knows what else. (I'm still testing the waters to see where I want my level of participation to be.) We had a meeting for Caleb's big 4 day/3night field trip and parents night for the elementary school. Next week we have teacher conferences and the big fall PTO BBQ is coming up. So school is busy. Caleb will be playing basketball in the Wednesday/Sunday league and Grayson has decided to participate in choir. (Please note that Grayson has been totally honest that he is joining choir for the social aspect of things.) Overall, you can be as busy (or as not busy) as you choose to be. And I'm sure that after the activities fair this afternoon we'll find some more things to be involved in. (I'm hoping there might be someone to help me continue with my golfing!)

5. Tae Kwon Do. Ah, yes...I went to taekwondo yesterday. What a truly humbling experience. This will challenge me on two of the things I suck at - flexibility and balance. But, I think that makes it a good complement to CrossFit. As much as I love lifting heavy things, I'm not a young twenty-something anymore. And flexibility and balance are critical to the aging process. (Holy crap! That sounds like I'm about 75! The "aging process"?!?) So, I will continue to challenge myself. And Master Kang will see me again next week.


Not sure what we have on the agenda for tomorrow. We talked about going to see some 14th century Gothic castle that is about 25 minutes away, but then the day-to-day things of life may take over and that may have to wait. I do know that Saturday I must book our fall break trip to Milan or we're going to be spending the week here in Warsaw come October - and that will not make me happy.

Sunday is filled with sports. Soccer in the morning for both boys and then basketball in the afternoon for Caleb. I know one child who will be exhausted Sunday evening. He'll probably be asleep before his head hits the pillow!

Hope you've had a good week wherever you are! And thanks to those who have been checking in on us! It's much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment