Sunday, March 1, 2015

Mondays...

Why is it that Mondays are always the day of change? I wish I could figure out what is so magical about a Monday...it must be something about the start of a new week.


Anyways...today is Monday and it is a day of change for me. I changed the blog a bit...new font, new background, new colors...nothing drastic - just a little spruce up.

And, I hit the gym again. Yup, I sure did. Started Couch to 5K today. Running used to be my go-to exercise. Then you damage a few discs in your back and things change. Doctors tell you not to run and you find other forms of exercise that you like - or that at least start to fill the void of running. But, I've missed running. So, I figure I'd ease back into it...as long as my back will cooperate.

Today's start wasn't hard physically - but, definitely hard mentally. I've fallen into some bad habits in the last few weeks when it comes to exercise - so it was a smidge hard to lace up the sneakers and head out the door instead of having an extra cuppa coffee. (And a broken pinky toe doesn't help either!) But, I skipped the coffee and put on the bright pink sneakers and headed out the door. Then, it was me and my headphones and someone telling me what to do while I crank some tunes. "Run now." "Recover now." "Run now." "Recover now.' Doesn't get much easier than that.

Of course, I will need to speak with my eldest child who has gone into my Spotify account and deleted all of my playlists and added his...thankfully, he likes a lot of the same music I do...and AC/DC has some good tunes for a sweat session.

So...is it just me making changes on this Monday? Anybody else got something planned to change - big or small - on Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment