Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Fab 5 Friday...

This has truly been an enjoyable week...from beginning to end. I don't know what else to say...it was fantastic. Yeah, yeah...it was my birthday this week...and birthdays are fun! But, it was just a good week. I've completed week #1 of Couch to 5K (And my back is handling it so far! Fingers crossed!) The kids have been well-behaved - for the most part. (I'm going to choose to ignore Grayson's mid-week grounding.) I was able to see lots of friends this week and share lots of laughs. Good. Just good.

But, it's Friday and Friday means only one thing! Fab 5! So here we go...

1. Lion Dance. I had the chance to catch a lion dance last Friday at Gardens Mall while I was having lunch with Blaine. I have seen lion dances in the past, but have never had the chance to see one on stilts. WOW! Just WOW! The skill it takes to coordinate two people on tiny little platforms...UNBELIEVABLE.

 
 
 
2. Porkapalooza. Last Saturday evening was Porkapalooza/Blaine's 40th Birthday. It was such a fun night with friends and the most amazing food! We have friends who sure do know how to cook! Every dish that evening had to contain pork...appetizers, main courses, side dishes and desserts. Thank God everyone had to cast a vote in order to award the evening's winners - because the competition was tough! And celebrating Blaine's 40th just added to the event! Can't wait for next year!

 

 
The big winners!
 
3. Vacation Plans Finalized. We spent last week putting the final touches on Australia. I booked two tours out of Sydney with a small boutique tour company and we booked our hotel in Sydney Harbor.  And, we gave the kids a chance to plan a long weekend in May. They have opted to go back to Phuket. I'm not complaining. Phuket was easy...4 days is perfect...and we found out our neighbors are going that weekend, too! So even more fun to be had!
 
4. My birthday. Oh, yes...I turned 45 on Wednesday. And my birthday was great! Blaine gave me a new tripod and clutch from Coach. I golfed 9 holes at KLGCC with some awesome women. (This was probably the birthday highlight! 9 holes on the LPGA course at an INCREDIBLE course...and it was FUN!) Then, it was out to dinner at the Social with my family. And, my birthday continued on Thursday as I golfed another 9 holes with my friend, Susan, at Saujana. Yup, 45 is good.

 

5. Golf. Yes, I mentioned golf as part of my birthday, but I was able to play two rounds of 9 holes this week. And, as frustrating as it was at times, it was also so incredibly fun. So it deserves a solo mention in the Fab 5. I tried golfing about 20 years ago...and I wasn't my thing. And, I'm not sure why now it has become something I enjoy, but as long as I continue to enjoy it...I will continue to play.

KLGCC

Saujana
 
Enjoy the weekend, peeps!! The kids have a baseball game on Saturday and other than that...we're just relaxing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment