Monday, March 2, 2015

March #MyReality...

I occasionally read a blog entitled: 4 Kids, 20 Suitcases, and a Beagle. It's written by an ex-pat named Kirsty, who formerly lived in Malaysia, and currently lives in Doha. She's a real natural writer and, currently, I can whole-heartedly relate to (and learn from) many of the topics she writes about. (You can read her blog by clicking here.)

Each month she sets up a photo challenge entitled My Reality. I haven't done one of these yet, but I read this month's and figured I'd give it a go. This is what we're photographing this month:


Now, I laughed when I read the list initially. I could probably take 10 of my photos this month at San Francisco Coffee! (I'll try and vary it up, but be prepared for San Francisco Coffee to appear in many pics. I guess I'll just have to work on my creativity - which is almost non-existent - to make my photos different.)

I will post my pics to Instagram and Facebook, but I think I'll continue to add them to this blog post every day. Maybe adding a little description...maybe not! Anyways...no need to be an ex-pat to participate in the March #myreality photo challenge! Feel free to join!

March 3 - Where do you go nearly every day? Where do you get your coffee from? (I'm catching up! So this covers 2 days!) Well, I go to San Francisco Coffee. This is where I blog, send emails, waste time, drink coffee, listen to podcasts, screw around on Facebook, write my grocery list, people watch, and eavesdrop on some of the funniest conversations. There are a bazillion coffee shops located across the street from my house, most serving better coffee than this one, but I come here. I've been coming here since the first week we moved to Malaysia. The people are friendly and I can spend hours here with just a cup of coffee (or some froo-froo blended coffee drink) and no one bugs me. Yup, nearly every day.
.

March 4 - Where do you fill a vehicle with fuel? No chance to get to the Shell station today, so here's a pic of the fuel tank of my hot rod, the Myvi.


March 5 - Where do you take a break? Today I took at break at Saujana Golf and Country Club with my friend, Susan. We played 9 holes (and I probably lost 8 balls), but it was still a fun morning!


March 6 - Where do you sit outside? This is a spot on our patio. I like to sit out here and read when it's not too hot outside (which doesn't seem to happen often). I like being able to sit amongst the plants (which you can't really see here) and watch the HUGE snails crawl up the wall. Additionally, we have some gorgeous orchids out here when they are in bloom.


March 7 - Where do you see animals of any kind? This is my baking cupboard. There is usually a lizard living in here who likes to scare the crap out of me! (He's not here today! Probably on vacation!)


March 8 - Where do you look at a monument? This was our view from breakfast Sunday morning. You can see Petronas Towers, Menara Tower, and the Royal Palace.



March 9 - Where do you carry a bag? This is my "gym" bag which I carry everyday when I head across the street to CrossFit Vidatha.
 


March 10 - Where do you listen to a podcast/radio? This is my view from San Francisco Coffee. Today I listened to a podcast by Tim Ferriss as he interviewed Kelly Starrett. 


March 11 - Where do you see a movie? We took our kiddos and a friend to see the new SpongeBob movie. (90 minutes of my life I'll never get back! But, we're moving on!) There are different "classes" of movie theaters here in KL. We went to "premiere" class, which is a level below "gold" class. Premiere class has fab seats, it's not overcrowded and costs the same as a regular, ol' movie in the States. Plus, popcorn and snacks are cheap here! Gold class - which is a splurge - has leather recliners, blanket and pillows and they deliver your snacks directly to your seats. We definitely love going to the movies here in Malaysia.


March 12 - Where do you cook? Here in Malaysia we have a dry kitchen - where you can do kitchen prep work and where your oven is located. We also have a wet kitchen, where your stove top is located. Why two? Well, because lots of Asian cuisine involves stir fry and the smells of onion, garlic and oils. You can shut the door to the wet kitchen to try and contain the smells to the back of the house. We also have a bar in our kitchen area - which indirectly assists me with my cooking! 



March 13 - Where do you walk? Everyday...sometimes several times per day, I walk to Publika. This is where I workout, buy groceries, have coffee, meet friends for lunch...you name it.


March 14 - Where do you look up? This is the view if you look up as you walk out of my house. Not bad, huh?



March 15 - Where do you wish you were? No where else, but here. My two boys are playing baseball at UPM and it's so fun to watch them play.



March 16 - Where do you take off your shoes? This is the shoe rack at the main entrance to our house. I'm not a stickler for taking off your shoes when you come in the door, but the kids are pretty good about it...
 


March 17 - Where do you buy groceries? Here in KL, I find that I cruise around to several grocery stores in order to find everything on my list. This is B.I.G., located in Publika. Because of it's convenient location - across the street - they do get quite a bit of my business.


March 18 - Where do you find some peace? This is my bedroom. And it's quiet and relaxing...and a great place to read a book.
 


March 19 - Where do you meet a friend? At CrossFit Vidatha! Lots of friends at my local box! Get a good sweat and share a few laughs!
 


March 20 - Where do you look after yourself? This might seem strange, but when I take time for coffee and to write...that's when I know I'm doing something good for me.



March 21 - Where do you see something new? The Easter display at BIG!


March 22 - Where do you smile? We took the boys to Bestari for the FIRST time! And prata tisu had everyone smiling!
 

March 23 - Where do you put your keys? In my big, messy handbag!


March 24 - Where do you read a book? I read a LOT and you can often find me on this big, red comfy couch! Full of pillows and blankets! Just a great spot to read!


March 25 - Where do you see something old?



March 26 - Where do you find something new? 


March 27 - Where do you look for clothes?


March 28 - Where do you eat your favourite dish?


March 29 - Where do you talk on the phone?


March 30 - Where do you hang your washing?


March 31 - Where do you spend way too long?


No comments:

Post a Comment