Sunday, March 15, 2015

I'm anxious...

It's that time of year when friends are starting to learn if they are staying or going. Some are moving on to another ex-pat assignment. Some are heading home. Others think they'll be here another year.

Then I ask myself: What are we doing? Is our own family staying? Or, is there a new adventure in our future?

I'll say, first and foremost, we have no idea what we are doing. We are assuming that we are staying. Summer trips to the U.S. are booked, along with return tickets to Kuala Lumpur. But, I'm pretty sure that the pieces on the chessboard of Blaine's company are going to be put into motion in the next few weeks - and then you never know what will happen.

And, when a core group of your friends are leaving/have left, I have to admit that the thought of moving becomes more appealing. A new city. An opportunity to make new friends. Travels in a different part of the world. These are all appealing to me.

And yet, there are things here that we have not done, places we have not visited, and new people I'm sure we would love to meet.

Anyways...I'm anxious. But, I love this quote and will live by it - no matter what comes our way:





No comments:

Post a Comment