Friday, May 10, 2013

Telling the boys...

We arrived home Monday afternoon...and I've never been so anxious to see my little monkeys. Boy, were they missed. And of course, dying to tell them what we were doing.

So...we sent Blaine's parents out for a drive so we could have some family time. It really wasn't too hard telling them. I could see some initial fear in Caleb's eyes (he's my sensitive one). And, then, surprise of all surprises, Grayson was the one who broke down and cried about leaving his friends. Then we all had a good cry about leaving our friends...yup, nothing like the entire family having a meltdown moment. We soon got it together and talked about all the cool new things we'll get to experience. Grayson was highly impressed by the fact that McDonald's delivers, that we can swim year round, and that he can take up tennis at his new school. Caleb was intrigued by the money (which is all different colors), by the number of activities available at his school, and by the fact that we will have domestic help. (Daron helped us hire Elizabeth who has been working for an Australian family next door, but they are leaving this summer and Daron says she is just fabulous!)

I brought some Malaysian bookmarks home so that the children could share with their classmates. We spent some time typing up some information to share with their friends. This was how they decided they wanted to tell everyone about their new adventure. It was just the perfect thing to do!

Tuesday I went in and told my job that I would be leaving. Wow! Harder than I imagined. I really love my job - all aspects of it. Each day I get to interact with amazing people - both colleagues and the members of our gym. It will be a tough few weeks as I tie up loose ends and phase out of my role as the fitness programs manager and give up my group fitness classes. Thankfully, these people also make me laugh on a daily basis and we've been keeping things very lighthearted.

So anyways...that's where we stand. Blaine is heading to Minneapolis on Monday to meet with the global relocation folks - and then the house will go on the market and the big task of sorting out our house will begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment