Thursday, May 9, 2013

A few calm days...

The next few days in Kuala Lumpur were easy-breezy! Thursday we looked at a house in Duta Tropika and Villa Aseana. By this time we already knew that we wanted Jamie and Daron's house in Duta Tropika...so decision made.

We also made a quick trip over to meet the head master of Caleb and Grayson's new school. He is a charming man - who unfortunately is leaving before we arrive. But, he was a pleasure to talk to and made us feel even better about the school.

We had lunch at Fat Boy's Burgers in Publika...

One word - YUMMY!

Blaine and I headed back to the hotel and just had cocktails and hors d'oeuvres for dinner and went to bed early.

Friday morning Blaine headed to Malacca with Jamie and I slept in. I went to the pool for a little and napped a lot. When Blaine returned it was a quick trip back to Chinatown for some shopping. Blaine - my watch whore - had to get some great knockoffs - and I needed a few more purses to bring home!

We stopped at Tony Roma's for a bottomless diet Coke...er, I mean Coke light and we shared an appetizer before heading to the hotel. It was tough getting a cab this afternoon, but finally, someone stopped and took is back to the Hilton.

Dinner that evening was supposed to be at Marini's on 57 - but rain and a massive traffic jam left the Dolynchuks stuck in traffic. So bummed - was looking forward to spending the evening with them and thanking them for all of their help. Blaine and I ended up hitting the new steakhouse at the Hilton and celebrating our decision and the kids' official acceptance into their school - which we received via email earlier that day. It was a nice night...relaxing.

Saturday was a day of sleeping in, sitting by the pool, and hitting the spa. Ahhh...just what I needed.

Saturday night we went out to dinner with Beth and Brian Carlson. Just fabulous people. Beth is an HR manager for Cargill living in KL with her husband and two children. We got to see their amazing condo - which has an incredible view of downtown KL - just incredible. Brian was helpful beyond belief with all my tech/tv questions - and really helped paint a picture of what the "trailing spouse" needs to do to feel "relevant" while living abroad. He really helped drive home the point that I need to find what will bring relevance to my life in KL - since working will not be an option. So - will it be my blog, my connections at my children's school, what? I'm not sure at this point in time...I think for me, I want to put my focus back on my own fitness - and blogging. Anyways, I'm sure they'll be many more posts about "finding my relevance."

Dinner was at a local restaurant called Porto Romano. Delicious Italian food and a pretty decent beer selection which made me happy. Back to the hotel we went at about 9:45 p.m.

Sunday was even more relaxing. Breakfast, pool, room service. Yeah...tough life.

Sunday night we flew out - very late. Flight was at 11:45 p.m. so we headed over to the airport around 8:15 - because we were flying business class on Air Malaysia. So, once again we had access to their fabulous lounge . Yup, unlimited Coke light, some free and delicious food and a little Hagen Das ice cream before we boarded.



The flight home was ungodly long...that's all I can say about that. Ugh!

So there you have it...that was a brief synopsis of our trip to KL. Next time...telling the boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment