Tuesday, May 14, 2013

And, now we wait...

Blaine returned from his global relocation meeting. Nothing too earth shattering was learned from that meeting. We're waiting to hear from the local relo people so we can get our house on the market.

I'm slowly, but surely, starting the process of sorting things. I soooooo HATE this part of moving. I appreciate it when it's done, but man, does it suck while you're doing it.

We also need to get our cars sold...another job I'm not looking forward to - especially since my car is only about 4 weeks old. Ah, hindsight...

I've been doing a ton of shopping in hopes of having everything we'll need to head to Malaysia. It looked like I was starting my own pharmacy (or perhaps, a meth lab) with the amount of drugs I bought at Wal-mart last night. Just hysterical to look in my cart.

All of our Apple tv boxes have arrived. I'm also thinking of doing Slingbox through American TV 2 Go - as it will allow us to have DirectTv in Malaysia...and essentially DVR all of our favorite programs and watch them when we want. (I'm a complete t.v. junkie and can't imagine life without "The Walking Dead" or "Survivor.")

Oooh, there was one good piece of information learned from Blaine's meeting yesterday. Essentially, I will receive $4000 within the first 3 months in Malaysia to be used for continuing ed credits (for my certifications) and for activities that get me out in the community. (i.e. gym memberships) So, it looks like this girl will be joining Crossfit Vidatha and Fitness First. I get an additional $4000 the first year we're there and then every year after. I'm kind of looking forward to getting some more continuing ed credits and I'm going to look for come cooking courses and other things.

Other than that, just getting back into the routine of things here. My coffee people said they missed me while I was gone. (Yeah, I drink a cheap gas station cappuccino/coffee/hot chocolate combo on a daily basis. I don't believe I will be able to replicate this while in Malaysia.) But, I may have found my replacement:


Bring on the caffeine!


No comments:

Post a Comment