Thursday, April 16, 2015

Fab 5 Friday...

Well, after a 3 week hiatus...it's back. Fab 5 Friday returns! This week's rundown is a hodgepodge of things covering the last few weeks. I've already recapped Australia - so that will not be included in this week's list. And, while I've been super sick this week with some damn cough that makes it impossible for me to breathe, there have been some good things!

1. Easter Sunday. Yes, this was a while ago, but we had a great Easter Sunday with the Convey family. We went to Easter brunch at The Sheraton and it was fab! There was hardly a soul there and our kids seemed to have the run of the place...making it very easy for the parents to sit around and drink champagne all day. (This is why we took a taxi!)



2. End of Baseball. We had the end-of-the-season baseball party last weekend. Just a great group of parents and coaches! It was a really wonderful season for Caleb and Grayson.


3. Good kids. I just want to thank my boys for being really good kids this week. Blaine was traveling this week and I have been sick...super sick...and the boys were on their best behaviour. We had a few trying moments, but I think they really "got it" that I wasn't feeling well. And, while I joked about making a "deal with the devil" (Grayson) on my Facebook page, I was super proud of the way he tackled his homework this week (with a little parental prompting).


4. Countdown to "home." Yes, it's time folks. I'm ready to head "home" and see my family and friends. 



5. Living Abroad During Presidential Election Season. Yes, I am thankful for this. No robocalls, a lack of ads and blissful ignorance of the news (unless I seek it out). With the newest batch of presidential hopefuls declaring that they are running in 2016, I'm glad to be living overseas. With 20 months to go until the election...well, yeah, just happy to be here.
 

Okay...I think I'm starting to feel better. I hope to have a few more posts for you next week! Enjoy the weekend, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment