Friday, September 23, 2016

Fab 5 Friday...

Hey there! Another Friday has come...which means another Fab 5 Friday!

Blaine has been in Minneapolis all week for meetings (and Target runs!). He returns tomorrow and I think we'll all be happy for his return. (I think even he'll be happy to be back!) The kids have been great all week (with the exception of Grayson getting caught in a lie which resulted in the loss of all electronics for 48 hours) but, we all miss having Blaine around in the evenings.

With Blaine gone, cooking has been minimal this week...french toast, Kraft mac, McD's, and last night we had popcorn. (Yup, popcorn - that was it. Oh, and chocolate chip cookies - because I did bake this week!) I'm stepping up my game tonight with tacos...so fancy.

See! Cookies! I used the Levain Bakery recipe - with some modifications of course! 
Pecans instead of walnuts - because pecans are just better! 
And three types of chocolate chips - because one is B-O-R-I-N-G!

Today I'm blogging from McD's - mainly because I need a change of scenery and a white mocha. But, I'm sitting here watching a group of the Korean moms load up their golf clubs and thinking to myself, "Maybe I need to get hooked up with that group." I like their style - a little coffee and then off to play some golf on a Friday. I wonder if they'd adopt me.

Anyways, I digress...Fab 5 - that's what this post is supposed to be about - so let's get to it.

1. Soccer. The boys have started back with soccer. So our Saturday mornings are currently filled with doubleheaders (the boys play on different teams due to their ages) and lots of coffee. Thankfully, the weather has been fantastic and has made watching lots of fun.

Saturday morning soccer on our home pitch

2. Italian Night. We had Italian Night potluck at Jennifer's last weekend. Tons of yummy food and a lot of laughs (c'mon - some of the evening's conversations included a discussion on doomsday preppers and meth heads. Those are just good discussion topics which are bound to lead to laughter). Thanks to our fabulous hosts for a fun evening!

Smiles all around!

3. Bike Ride and Pokemon Hunting. Sunday had the boys and I out on our bikes doing a little Pokemon hunting. Grayson just received a new bike last weekend and was anxious to take a ride to the streets near the school that have a ton of Pokestops and gyms. Needless to say it was a successful ride!

4. Coffee. Had the chance to have coffee with some fabulous women this week. It was good timing as adult conversation has been lacking with Blaine away this week. While I've been busy with work (somehow when they realize you are truly leaving more work suddenly gets sent your way) - some breaks were definitely needed...

Photo courtesy of Pixabay! (I didn't take any coffee pix this week.) 
Be sure to check out Pixabay for royalty free images.

5. Midday walks. I've been taking the time to grab a 30 minute walk during the day...mainly to clear my head for more writing. (Like I said...lots of work projects right now as I prepare to be done next Friday.) The weather has been perfect - cool and plenty of sunshine. Throw in some 80's music and it's been great just having 30 minutes to myself.

So that's it! Oh, for those who have been asking...no news on our septic problem at the summer place. It's in the hands of the engineer right now who will take it to all of the "boards" in hopes of getting us approval. When I hear something...I will be sure to share! We want to make sure everything is fixed and ready to go before we open up the calendar for summer of '17 visitors!


No comments:

Post a Comment