Thursday, September 8, 2016

Fab 5 Friday...

What's that saying? Fake it 'til you make it?! Um, yeah...I'm living by that one this week. Actually, I saw this earlier in the week...and this has been my mantra:


And truly, it has been a better week. 

So let's take a stab at this Fab 5 thing! A legit Fab 5! 

1. Lunch with friends. Oh, yes...definitely was needed. A nice lunch sitting outside in the sunshine having some good conversation.... Not quite sure what I would do without these fabulous women!


2. Sushi Night with Grayson. So Caleb is on his school trip this week...which means we got some solo time with G$. (Caleb gets his solo time next week as Grayson heads off on his trip.) We always give the kids a choice on dinner one evening...and Grayson chose sushi. (He knows that Caleb is not a fan - so it's nice that he waits until his brother is gone.) Anyways, we had a lovely night of sushi on the patio...with the parents enjoying some margaritas...and it was good to have some conversation with Grayson. While he is more often than not the kiddo who drives me up a wall (because he's more like me than I want to admit), I was totally reminded about what a great kid he is as we all had dinner together.

Look at that smile!

Yummy margaritas!

3. Cargill Party. We attended a little Cargill get-together last weekend. And, if you know me at all, you know that doing the small talk/chit chat thing with people I don't know is...well, enough to make me want to fake an illness and stay home. Soooooo not my thing. But, Blaine had promised to cook steaks and it was a lovely evening and there was bimber (homemade illegal Polish moonshine) involved and I survived. I might even go as far as to say it was an enjoyable evening. (That may be remnants of the bimber talking...)

Caleb hanging with Phil, the dog...they were buddies.

Bimber...the first of many shots.

4. Pokemon Go. Okay...so you can all laugh that I'm playing Pokemon Go, but when you have two boys who also love to play it - it really can be a way to hang out with your kids and actually continue to have them include you in stuff. We've had lots of fun Pokemon hunting (and we thank Blaine who continues to take us to Poke Stops and gyms so we can do battle.) We've caught some rare Pokemons (I'm very proud of my Mr. Mime, Chansey, Omanyte, and Porygon) and we've had lots of laughs! 


5. Dinner with New Friends. So last Friday night we invited the Joehls over for drinks and Mr. India. They arrived just a couple of weeks ago and are settling in just fine and we enjoyed spending a a relaxing evening with them on the patio...

So there...How's that? Five good things from the week. The Fab 5 is officially BACK!



1 comment:

  1. I so enjoy your posts. You are so honest and funny! Keep up the good work. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete