Thursday, May 19, 2016

Fab 5 Friday...

I know...it's been a while since I've done a Fab 5 - Sorry! Sometimes things just get in the way and the blog drops to the bottom of the list. Anywho...going to try and blog for the next couple of weeks before my annual summer hiatus. (Summer comes and I usually only blog a couple of times...so I just say that the blog is on vacation, too and if I manage to write something...well, it's like a bonus.)

What's been happening around here? Not much. Work. School. Sports. Same old, same old. Blaine has been in Minneapolis all week, and, most of the time, I don't find myself jealous of his travels, but this week I most definitely was green with envy. I'm dying to get back to the States. And, it just can't come soon enough. (Those who sent me messages after my "Give-A-Shitter Is Broken" post - thanks! Good to know I'm not the only one!) We are less than 4 weeks out and I know we're in the home stretch, but, mentally...I just need the calendar to say, "June." Once it's June - no problem. In the meantime, we will get through May and I'm looking forward to a long weekend in Madrid next week. So far the long-range weather forecast looks amazing...let's hope it holds out.

Okay, okay...Fab 5 here we go!

1. Family Dinner & Movie Night. So last Saturday we had family dinner and movie night. Blaine had been traveling all week (to Paris) and the kids had been really good while he was gone so we planned a nice night out. Dinner at Jeff's (for some American'ish bar food) and then off to see "Captain America: Civil War." Definitely an enjoyable evening with the boys! (Which was made even more enjoyable by a trip to Bath & Body Works to buy each of them cologne! Man...they are growing up!)

2. Soccer. Both boys had soccer on Saturday and Sunday last weekend. I have to say that I have enjoyed watching them play this year. At the start of the year, they both seemed a bit tentative, not as aggressive as the other kids. BUT, slowly this year they have really stepped it up. Sunday we really saw this as they were playing (and they both scored on Sunday - so that may have helped.) We still have a few more weeks left and it should be a good end to the season.

Coffee is a necessity for soccer

3. Grayson's Choir Concert. Definitely a highlight of the week was littlest dude's choir concert. I love that he chose to participate in choir this year (it meets after school) and he loves talking about the different pieces they are singing. I really hope he continues next year...

Grayson and the Grade 4/5 Choir

4. Pokeno Night. With Blaine away it seemed like the perfect week for Pokeno night! Lots of laughs, fun prezzies, drinks and food! Three of the women are moving at the end of the school year - which makes me sad - but it was a nice night to make some memories!


5. 26 Days. No need to say anything else!


And there you have it! Fab 5 is back - temporarily!

No comments:

Post a Comment