Thursday, January 21, 2016

Fab 5 Thursday...

Thursday?! Thursday!!! This week has flown by. My to-do list still looks as long as it was on Monday - which kinda sucks. I like when my to-do list at least shows a little progress. But, that didn't happen this week. And the weekend is slightly full with two soccer tournaments, haircuts for the monkeys, the start of basketball for Caleb, soccer practice, and PTO trivia night. Thankfully, next week's schedule looks a little more "normal" and I should be able to cross some things off the list.

That being said, I'm do the Fab 5 today because I managed to get home from our resident card appointment early...and I wasn't sure where I was going to fit it in tomorrow!

So what's been going on this week? Well, let's see...

1. No More Polish Lessons. Oh, I've been super unmotivated for my Polish lessons and finally said, "I'm done."  And, we're done with family lessons, also. Only Blaine is going to stick it out. The boys were very thankful to get back their Tuesday nights and I'm happy to now have my Monday mornings. We loved our  teacher, but when you are not committed and not putting in the needed work, well, it's just a waste of time and money.

2. Snow. We had our first real dose of snow last Friday. I can't say that I'm excited by it. It kind of blows. But, my kids had a blast last weekend sledding and having snowball fights. And seeing their rosy little cheeks and cute smiles...well, that was nice.


Look at those cheeks!

3. Athens. I've been trying to finish up our travel plans between now and June. Really, all I had left for family vacations was Easter weekend and I found an awesome bargain that will get us to Athens for the long weekend. I think everyone was excited that we can see the water and have some warmer weather. It will be great to be there and see the Easter processions on Saturday night and visit some of the great sights.


4. CrossFit Meridian Regionals. Ah, the announcement of where the Meridian regionals will be held in May was made. And, it's...MADRID! Yay! Already spoke to Blaine and he's marked his calendar off so I can go. Will email WOD Talk next week and tell them I'm in for media team this year and hoping that a couple of friends from Malaysia might be able to make the trip!


5. Residence Cards. We finally picked up our official Polish residency cards. Yes, we've lived here for almost 6 months, but they just finally came through. I was so happy to see that they don't expire until December of 2018 - so at least we have a while before we have to go through this process again. And, the pickup process was really quick because we had "a guy" there to help us get our cards. In and out in 20 minutes. Gotta love having "a guy."

And that's it! I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! I hope my East coast friends receive half as much snow as they're predicting! And if you don't, may your frig be stocked with beer and may the wine rack be full!



No comments:

Post a Comment