Monday, October 13, 2014

Fab 5 Thursday?

Hey peeps! It's Thursday and another week is coming to a close! School break starts tomorrow at 3 pm so I'm going to crank out a Fab 5 today (if this publishing a day early crap continues I'll have to rename this - Fab 5 Thursday just doesn't do it for me) and then I need to get packing!

Here we go!

1. The Walking Dead. Yes, one of my favorite shows has returned. But, I want to give a mention of the cool display that was over at Publika to draw attention to my favorite show. It was a really cool container that had holographic walkers - both inside and outside the container! It was super cool!



2. Date Night/Olive Oil Tasting. Saturday night Blaine and I went out without the kiddos! Woot! Woot! We started the evening with an olive oil tasting at For Goodness Cakes. Such a great night! We sampled many olive oils and had some very delicious food. It was informative and tasty! A big thank you to Sheila for arranging this experience. Then, Blaine and I headed over to Publika to meet up with our friend, Hub, and have a few adult beverages. Always a fun night when Blaine and Hub are together. I feel like these two are cut from the same cloth! It was a great Saturday evening out.




3. Cross Country. Saturday morning started with a cross country meet for Grayson. We're still amazed that this child did cross country as he is not a runner, but he did a really great job on Saturday. But, my real proud mommy moment came when he went and helped a fellow teammate. His friend, Daniel, experienced a terrible side stitch during his race and stopped running early on - and was very visibly upset. (Think big, huge sobs!) Anyways, Grayson went and got him, held his hand, told him it was going to be alright and brought Daniel over to the nurse. It was one of those moments where you know you are doing something right with your children. I know my friends who are parents know what those moments look like...and they make up for all of the times when your child is driving you absolutely crazy!


4. Chex Mix. Okay...all you people who think pumpkin is the only fall food, well, you can keep it. For me, fall is the time of homemade Chex Mix. Yeah, I don't know why. I think it's because my mom always made Chex Mix in the fall - even though it's good all year round - and it's just stuck with me. So, Sunday I decided I was going to make Chex Mix. Yes, this did prove to be interesting as I could not find all of the things I like to put in my mix (Bugles for one! And those little pumpernickel garlic round things! You know what I'm talking about!) But, we did manage to throw a batch together! And everyone was happy to have a little taste of fall!

Yeah, don't ask me what those things in the green bag are! They were quite tasty, though!

5. Vacation. Fall break starts tomorrow! So we're off to Hong Kong and Ho Chi Mihn. Wahoo! I'm excited! Never been to either place and it should prove to be lots of fun! Hong Kong Disney and a tour while we're there. Then off to Vietnam for a day trip on the Mekong Delta, a show one night and catching up with some friends. And the weather forecast doesn't look too bad!


All right! No blogging next week as we will be traveling. Then, I start teaching - so posts may become sporadic! But, I hope to get you caught up on our travel adventures, at the very least, when we return! 












No comments:

Post a Comment