Thursday, August 14, 2014

Fab 5 Friday...

Hola! Bonjour! Hello! Fab 5 Friday is once again here...and I, for one, am thankful to have reached another Friday. We're slowly, but surely, re-establishing our routine and settling back into day-to-day life here in KL. I had lunch with a friend on Wednesday and we both remarked how people asked us if we were sad to be returning to Malaysia - and we both told our friends...No. This is home. Are you sad when you go home? I certainly hope not. So while our life here may be different, it is still our life...and this tropical sweatbox is my home.

The Fab 5 this week is a real hodgepodge of things. Someone asked me how I come up with my Fab 5 each week and it's pretty easy...I keep a running list on my phone of good things that happen or things I love or whatever hits me. Some make a full blog post and some make Fab 5...and some never make it to the blog at all. Anywho...if you checked the "Notes" section on my phone you'd find lots of my blogspiraton.

So here's this week's list!

1. Blaine Sans Crutches. Yes, his doctor gave him permission to ditch the last crutch. He also moved his brace to 90 degrees and said he can start doing activities which do not cause him pain. Needless to say, we are heading to the driving range this weekend to see if he has any swing left! Plus, the kids want to go as they have been itching to use their clubs prior to starting golf lessons.



2. Golf Clubs For Me. Yes, I'm going to take some golf lessons - so Blaine bought me a starter set of clubs this week. I start lessons in September with a bunch of other fabulous women at the wonderful KLGCC. Lessons will be on Tuesday morning and include coffee (BONUS!) and I'm sure will bring a bunch of laughs.



3. New Bar. Blaine and I decided that when we moved to KL last year that we would buy art and furniture to mark different occasions/holidays in our lives. In July we celebrated our 13 year anniversary and when we returned to KL we decided we would buy ourselves the bar below. We'd been eyeing it for months and our anniversary was just the excuse we needed to make our purchase.



4. Mani and Pedi and Cut and Color. Oh, so happy to be back in the land of inexpensive manis and pedis! And, a quick trip to see Elaine for my hair was a must this week. The little things that make me happy.



5. Date Night. Blaine and I had "date night" last night. And, it was so needed after a busy summer. No kids, just a few drinks and dinner over at Publika. We tried Osteria Real Blue last night and really enjoyed the food.



All right! That's all there is for this week. I hope my KL friends are settling back in and I hope my friends in the States are enjoying what's left of the summer!

Oooooh, wait! Bonus to the Fab 5! A hang clean and jerk PR on Wednesday. It was definitely not the prettiest, but it was legit. And, a front squat 3rm PR on Friday...and I probably could've tried again at a heavier weight, but I was just happy to hit that!

No comments:

Post a Comment