Thursday, July 10, 2014

Fab 5 Friday...

Greetings and salutations from Glen Lake! It's time for the weekly edition of Fab 5 Friday. This week's sponsor is Mike's Hard Lemonade...because I've been drinking a lot of them this week and will give them some recognition as they have helped me to enjoy the cooler weather and the great view from my deck.

Okay...let's get after it!

1. 4th of July. It was a relaxing 4th of July...filled with fishing, swimming, lobster and fireworks - all without leaving our summer house.

 
2. Blaine Arrives. YAY! He made it here from Malaysia...only to quickly make a trip to Minneapolis for work. But, we were all happy to have him here and managed to get in a Harvest pizza dinner and a quick trip to Dirt Dogs (because we all know that home leave is all about the food!).
 
 
 
3. Picnic with the Queensbury Crew. Last Sunday we got together with some of the folks I graduated high school with and their families. What a great Sunday afternoon! I loved the easy conversation - even after the passing of several years - and how well all the kids got along - like they were old friends. I took more photos - but cannot currently find my camera cord - so thank you Cheri for sharing the ones you took. The Mornhinweg crew is missing from photos, but they were there - and I hope we can do it again next summer!
 
 
 
4. Breakfast Dates. As Blaine was traveling this week, it left me with a little more one-on-one time with the kiddos...including a couple of breakfast dates at Panera. The conversations cracked me up and I have to say what fun they've been the last couple of weeks (with minimal fighting).
 
 
5. The Mom Taxi.  The kids had soccer camp this week...and Caleb had baseball and both boys participated in the summer track series...and along with all the other running around for me and Blaine - my taxi services have been in high demand. But, love how both kids have joined in some local activities and I appreciate the easy driving compared to KL.
 
 
 
Okay...that's all we've got. Blaine's parents have arrived and the boys are thrilled to see their grandparents from Oklahoma - I'm sure it will be a fun week for them!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment