Sunday, February 15, 2015

Age and Wisdom...

With age comes a greater wisdom, an ease and comfort with oneself.
 
I love this quote...agree with this quote...am trying to live this quote.
 
When I was younger, I found myself trying to please everyone...never saying no...striving for constant validation. But validation comes from within. And, you can't please everyone. And, it's okay to say no.
 
Now, in my mid-40's...I find it so much easier to be happy with myself, to know the value in the things I do, to know where my boundaries are and when they've been crossed, to surround myself with people who I value and who in turn value me, to know when to say thank you and when to say no thanks, to share love with those close to me and spend time with those that matter...


But, I will say that this quote does not apply to all - it applies to me. Perhaps you are "young" and have found that comfort within...Kudos to you. It's not easy to find it at a young age. Or, maybe you are "older" and still searching...keep looking...it is there. You will find it.


No comments:

Post a Comment