Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Fab 5 Friday...



Happy Friday y’all! Another week is coming to an end…and it’s been a much better week. We currently have bank accounts open after last week’s epic fail. (Yes, more than one account…at more than one bank. Lesson learned.) The kids are back into the swing of things at school and are filling their time with homework and sports and all sorts of stuff. Blaine is busy at work and getting ready to head to Penang next week for meetings. And, I’m…well, I’m finding my way again. Back blogging…back at Crossfit…back cooking…the usual.

And, Fab 5 Friday is making its return this week!! Here’s some highlights from the last week!

1.  Stannard’s Goodbye Party.  Now, in no way, shape or form am I happy that the Stannard Family has moved to Brisbane, but the party last week was lots of fun. LOTS! It was a stressful week and Friday night was just fun hanging out at Estilo’s and chatting with good people. Plus, there are just people you know you’ll stay in touch with…and Shannon is one of them. 


2.  Golf with Blaine. Monday had Blaine and I heading out for 18 holes at KGPA in the afternoon. It was a gorgeous, but freakin’ hot day! Yeah, yeah…it’s Malaysia…always hot, lah! Anyways, it’s not like I shot a fabulous round, but I did not end up in the water or in any bunkers and I had a couple of good, legitimate bogeys! I’ll take it!


3.  Book Club. I finally made it to a book club this week. I like the format of the new book club as it’s really more of a sharing of what you’ve read so that you can recommend (or not recommend) your reads to others. I banged out 5 books over the Christmas holiday and enjoyed hearing what everyone else was reading. Of course, since the holidays, I’ve only read about half of a book…need to get better.

4.  Media Team. I’m joining the media team for the Asia Championships. This is a non-sanctioned Crossfit event that will be happening in Asia. Happy to have some writing to do again. I have volunteered to help cover the South Sectionals – which will take place in Brunei and I’m hoping to be able to help at the finals in June. Anyways, I do have an initial article which needs to be written – so I should probably get to it before the boss starts cracking her whip! (Just kidding…she wouldn’t do that!)


5. Friends Coming. Yes, next Saturday, January 31st, Betsy and Kirk arrive. I am so excited! They will be here for almost 3 weeks and I’m looking forward to having company. It will be so nice to have visitors! I think it will be fun to play tourist in KL while they’re here (heck, there are lots of things on their list that I haven’t done and I’ve been here 18 months), plus, we’ve got a trip to Siem Reap and Melaka thrown in there!

Wishing everyone a great weekend! We’ll be busy chauffeuring our kids to sports and birthday parties this weekend! I’m starting to see why parents look forward to their children becoming licensed drivers!

No comments:

Post a Comment