Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Cocktails, Korean BBQ, Shisha and Working Girls...

Last Friday night started out as just another Friday night in KL - a few cocktails after work with friends, then dinner at the local Korean BBQ place (with a few more cocktails) and then some shisha and a few more cocktails and then...well, we decided to check out this club.

Now, I'm not a club girl. I'm a 44 year-old mom who values her sleep, who knew she'd had enough to drink, and probably should've headed home. But when someone says, "Come! Just for one!" - yeah, I found it hard to say no.

So we went to this club in Solaris - which upon arrival was practically empty. No problem. There was lots of loud music, so we figured we'd stay and share a bottle of Absolut and then head home. But, within 30 minutes of our arrival, the place started to fill. With girls in sequins, mini-skirts so short that...well, there's no real need for me to paint you a picture. And when the bottle of Absolut hit our table, we were surrounded by what I will nicely call "working girls." They were like locusts. Very pretty locusts, but locusts nonetheless. At first, I was amazed that they would be so bold as to approach our group who was mostly paired up with their respective spouses...and then I was felt up by one of the pretty "working girls" and I realized, "Ah, it's an equal opportunity thing..." So I could not help but laugh as I watched most of the husbands have their asses grab (mine included) and lots of flirtatious touches...

Soon, the girls must have realized that they weren't getting anywhere with our group. And as quickly as they had descended upon us, they then moved on to a new group of marks, oh, I mean men.

Upon reflection Saturday morning, I found the whole situation quite sad. Obviously these girls have known nothing else for their entire life. I'm sure they've been exploited in some manner since they were young and now they've been sent to KL (most of them were from Thailand) to "make a living."

I don't know what the solution is...but it certainly makes you think. And it certainly makes you thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment